Thursday, June 13, 2013

Don't Panic.



Hey folks! I just wanted to give a little heads up concerning the funding for this trip of mine. As it stands, I have about 60% of the support that I need by this Sunday. Not to panic! I have discovered alternative ways to make sure that this trip is still happening. God is good and He provides. If any of you still wish to donate, you may do so here. (I will provide instructions at the end of the post)




When I was first faced with the task of gathering support, I was completely overwhelmed when I saw just how little time I had to raise quite a substantial amount of money. It didn't take long for me to start doubting this trip's possibility. I remember driving back to my house in North Carolina one Sunday after a visit with my girlfriend thinking 'how on Earth am I supposed to come up with almost $4000 in less than a month??? It's just not feasible.' Moments later, I received a call from my mother. She told me that three people had spoken for me in church earlier that day, showing their support for my trip and future plans as a foreign missionary. There was also apparently an overwhelming response from the congregation when asked who would help me in the supporting process. After I had hung up the phone, I nearly bawled my eyes out. How could I have doubted that God would provide a way for me if this was His will for me?! And He certainly has provided. I never would have gotten this far without His guidance step-by-step each day. Everything has fallen together so perfectly it couldn't have been planned better. Right now I am typing this while staying at the house of one of my pastors in Altoona, PA where I have recently been working odd jobs around the church and other such areas to help earn funding for my trip. I suppose that is why I hadn't been offered jobs in my area in North Carolina. I was meant to come back here. I was meant to work for my funding at my home church. I was meant to go on this trip to Japan. So am I intimidated by a 40% lack of support as of now? No. I am, however, very much excited to see how He will work through this. Thank you all for your prayers and love.




Japanese for the day

紫
also seen as
むらさき
Mu-ra-sa-ki

This is my favourite Japanese word to say. It means 'purple', but sounds dang cool. (sorry no video clip)

If you wanted to send support online go ahead and click the link earlier in the post or just click right here. Once you get on the page, go ahead and fill out the information until the section entitled: Categories & funds. Once you get there, click the drop-down arrow and select Short-Term Missionary Support. Fill in the amount to which you feel led and go down to the next box where you will type in 'Austin Parker 2013940wv'. The rest, you should be able to fill out. I hope that it all works well and if you have any problems, please shoot me an email, FB message or call. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment