Friday, July 5, 2013

Leavin' on a Jet Plane~

Well, this is it. The last night I will be spending in America before I go to Japan. I will literally be so far away from home that I couldn't get much further away before I start heading back. My flight from Charlotte to Detroit leaves at 12:42 So I am getting a bit anxious as I count the hours down until I say goodbye to everyone for five weeks. I am so thankful for everyone that has supported me either financially, spiritually or just rooted me on. Planing, organizing and preparing for this trip has been quite a task. Thankfully, God has placed in my life people who are willing to step up and help out. I don't think I've ever met any more generous, Godly people than those in my home church, Calvary Baptist in Altoona, PA; or more supportive people than my friends back at Moody Bible Institute; or more loving people than my family. God has truly blessed my life. I am reminded of a hymn I once heard that had the repeated line, "I'm drinking from my saucer cause my cup has overflowed."

I was given the privilege this past week to speak at my church's Sunday evening service. I was interviewed by Pastor Larry Weaver concerning this trip. Most of what I had to say was already covered in previous blog entries. However, I would like to reiterate one thing that I had brought up later on that evening. The children of the Church. As I had said before, my interest in ministry began when I was a child. Through constant nurturing and education, I grew up with the desire to serve God. This must be a main focus in our churches. In our families. Of course not all will be called to the mission field, but that is merely one part of the Body of Christ. There are so many other ways to bring glory to God. We need to be encouraging our children to seek out and pursue opportunities for ministry. Who knows? That child to whom you give encouragement might end up being the next Billy Graham or John Piper or C.S. Lewis!

Japanese for the day
This is the verse I recited Sunday evening.
初めに言があった。言は神と共にあった。言は神であった。

Hajime ni Kotoba ga atta. Kotoba wa Kami to tomoni atta. Kotoba wa Kami de atta.

Translation:
John 1:1
(look it up)

No comments:

Post a Comment