Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Quick Update:

Okay! So it has been almost a week since I arrived in Japan (sorry about the lack of updates) and wow has a lot happened! So right away I need to let you all know that instead of going to Fukushima as planned, I will now be going to Morioka in the Iwate prefecture. I will be doing more or less the same thing as was planned for Fukushima, but honestly I don't have a whole lot of details to give you folks because the decision was made only a day before I arrived.

After the first few days of being back in Japan, I realized something very strange. It wasn't any particular aspect of the culture nor was it anything that I saw on a plate. It was that I didn't feel the same sense of wonder and amazement as when I first came to Japan. Back then, everything was new and exciting and I never knew what to expect. Now, I'm experiencing a different kind of excitement. Not one that is based on the infatuation with a culture and experiencing its perceived differences, but one that is founded on the opportunity to learn and contribute in any small way to the advancement of the Kingdom.

That being said, I did enjoy getting to explore Tokyo again and I do enjoy the culture here, don't get me wrong. It's just not why I'm here. Tokyo is a great place for vacation, but I'm not here on vacation. It's time to get to work, and I couldn't be more excited about it. More updates to follow.

Japanese of the day:
教会
Kyoukai
Church

No comments:

Post a Comment